18 4 / 2014
PMS-watching the Princess Diaries 2 and wtf isn’t she related to the jerky prince if he was next in line to the throne? Targaryen realness, right there.
12 4 / 2014
What I’m really terrified of is leading an average, ordinary life with a regular job and an invariable routine, planned holidays, an average household, fixed responsibilities and not doing anything different to be remembered by.
lol @ this horseshit. I’m scared of rape and death and poverty and being incapable of looking after myself and loneliness and harm caused to my loved ones. Wouldn’t you know, the ~normie~ life protects against all those things.
11 4 / 2014
I’ve just finished my second week! So far:
- We have no money. Like, NONE. I feel bad drinking the free coffee in the staff room. It’s a running joke that the faculty is so poor. They refer to themselves as the ‘gravel university’ cf sandstone universities.
- The head of the uni has a cat that lives in her office called Phoenix. LITERAL DUMBLEDORE.
- I’m doing a lot more marketing than design. I think I’ll be able to wheedle my way into designing more of the output (I hope so, because the current designers are AWFUL).
- The bad bit about this is I HAVE NO BACKGROUND IN MARKETING. I have half a journalism degree, that’s the closest. I guess most of it is common sense, but it is sort of daunting being hired to do something you’re not trained in.
- My boss, who started the same time as me, is amazing. Like, I want to ask her to be my mentor a la Santiago and Captain Holt on Brooklyn Nine Nine.
- Staff meetings are really boring and pointless. Like, I’ll zone out for a good 20 minutes and nothing will have happened.
- Working full-time is super exhausting. I said to myself I’d be able to work on my illustration when I got home, but I’ve been too exhausted to stay up past 9:30 each night.
- I bike to work in the mornings and it’s AWESOME. Even though it’s all uphill, I’m all full of endorphins when I arrive and am super productive while that lasts.
- One of the faculty heard I was an illustrator and gave me their children’s story to illustrate. It’s about a butterfly. I don’t know how to say politely that I’m not interested in drawing butterflies :(
- The box office girl mentioned she was moving to Brisbane at the end of the year and my stomach gave this weird jolt, half jealousy, half home-sickness :( :( Still getting used to calling TBa home.